Samsung, Asia’s tech giant has assured us its next Galaxy launch event will take place on the 29 March 2017, whereby the S8 and S8 edge are expected to be unveiled. Pricing is expected to be around $850.
Samsung still rules the market in the global smartphone world. With the launch of the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 edge, Samsung will be looking to regain its numero uno position after various reports of the Note 7 issue.
1. Samsung is expected to remove the home button in place of the company logo and a larger screen that covers nearly 83% of the S8. The fingerprint sensor will be on the rear of the S8.
2. The device will come in 5.8 inch and 6.2 inch curved AMOLED screens, with the front part being mostly the display save for strip at the top that contains an 8 MP selfie camera and iris scanning sensor through which users can unlock their phones just by looking at it.
3. Samsung has confirmed that the Samsung Galaxy S8 will come with its new AI assistant Bixby. It has been designed by Viv Labs, which previously worked on Apple’s Siri.
4. The Galaxy S8 will have a 12 MP camera but with a new augmented image search feature that can allow users to scour the internet for anything they shoot with the camera. It will come with a new 1/2.3-inch sensor that will be combined with a f/1.4 aperture.
5. It is expected to feature a Snapdragon 835 processor, 4GB of RAM, USB Type-C, a rear fingerprint sensor and a desktop extension operating system called DeX.
What will appear on the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8edge? Barely anyone knows at the moment. We have a couple of weeks of waiting ahead of us but it would be interesting to see a change up in design and better improvements from its predecessor.