Programming android apps can be fun when done with the right tools – such tools let you write and test the source code effectively. Coding on the computer is surely more better, but it cannot beat the convenience of viewing or editing the source code from anywhere. This is where mobile devices come in handy – you can carry them anywhere and do your tasks from your own comfortable zone.
AIDE offers Java programming for the beginning, intermediate or advanced programmer. Beginners can learn to code, developers can do real development. AIDE is an IDE for developing real Android apps directly from an Android device. AIDE is a great app for android or java developers . It also allows C++ and C development. In short it is an all in one App that allows you to develop Java, Android, C and C++ projects on your Android mobile.
- Very interactive lessons for Java, Android, and Game development
- Edit, compile and run code with just a single click. Root access is not required.
- Debug Java Console apps and Android Java apps.
- Error checking, Code Refactoring in real-time
CppDroid – C/C++ IDE
CppDroid is another simple free app with C/C++ IDE and compiler for android devices. It is mainly focused on learning programming languages and libraries.
- Complete code , real-time diagnostics with warnings, errors and fixes.
- File and tutorial navigator, static analysis.
- Smart syntax highlighting, and auto pairing and auto indentation.
- Compile and run C/C++ code without root access .
- Works offline, Dropbox support.
C4droid – C/C++ compiler & IDE
C4droid already has almost full C language support, so you don’t need to wait when it will be added.You can code and run C and C++ programs directly on your Android device.
You can also write your own applications on Android phone, and run them. This app uses TCC and uClibc, so it has full support of ANSI C and some support of ISO C99. C4droid can be used for educational purposes or to practice in C language.
- Create your own apps on android and run them offline.
- Source code editor with tabs, syntax highlighting, code formatting, code completion, file association and undo/redo
- You can easily export and share your programs as APKs or native executables without root access.
- Full ANSI C and ISO C99 support with TCC + uClibc
- Great integration with Git
QPython – Python for Android
QPython is a great script engine that helps you run Python scripts on Android devices. It contains the Python interpreter, editor, console, and the SL4A Library for Android support. It offers a great development kit and lets you easily develop Python projects and scripts from your phone.
- Preset packages and QPypi and pypi to get even more.
- Built-in text editor
- Create and run your own scripts
DroidEdit has support for downloading and uploading files from remote storage providers. You can upload and download files from (s)FTP servers. It even supports reading and writing to cloud storage providers such as Dropbox, Google Drive and Box. Download DroidEdit